How much does it cost?
- A ￡10 non-refundable fee is payable for the Alumni Extra Card
- If you have an orange/white Alumni Library Card which you purchased prior to summer 2012, you will have to pay a top-up fee of ￡5 to upgrade to the new Alumni Extra Card (which combines the old Alumni Card and library card, in one)
- If the Alumni Extra Card is lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged, a ￡10 fee is payable for a replacement card
What are the benefits*?
- Reference use of the Mile End, Whitechapel and West Smithfield libraries. Visit the Library website for opening hours and guidelines for visitors, and read our T&C’s here [PDF 457KB].
- Discounted rates at Qmotion Health and Fitness Centre, Queen Mary’s on-site gym on our Mile End campus. Visit the Qmotion website for opening hours and current rates.
- Access to the Senior Common Room. By prior arrangement.
- 10% off conference and holiday room bookings on campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to take up this offer.
- 10% off Eating Europe Food Tours in London’s East End, Amsterdam, Rome and Prague. Contact email@example.com for the online discount code.
- 10% discount of best available room rate at the DoubleTree by Hilton Westminster. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the online discount code.
- 20% discount on all courses from Focus Training, including personal trainer and gym instruction qualifications, with the option for sports students to fast-track to a personal trainer certificate. Contact email@example.com for the discount code.
- 10% discount on all courses from Health and Fitness Education (HFE), including the Gym Instructor certificate, Exercise to Music certificate, Mat Pilates Diploma and the Personal Trainer Course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
*Information on benefits and services is correct at the time of writing and the Development and Alumni Directorate cannot be held liable for any change or withdrawal of the benefits and services provided by external companies
Other things to note
- The Alumni Extra Card does not have an expiry date – it gives you lifelong access to Queen Mary libraries (for reference purposes only)
- The benefits of the Alumni Extra Card may change from time to time – please keep an eye on our website for the latest offers available
- The Alumni Extra Card is non-transferrable and remains the property of the Development and Alumni Directorate at Queen Mary University of London, and we reserve the right to withdraw the card and to change the above Terms & Conditions and any of the benefits that come with the card at any time with immediate effect and without notification
How to apply?
The easiest way to purchase the Alumni Extra Card is via the online shop. Once you have completed the online application, please remember to email us a passport-style photo of yourself as a JPEG attachment to email@example.com.
Please note, your Alumni Extra Card cannot be processed without a photo. Once we receive your payment and digital photograph, your Alumni Extra Card will be processed and posted out to you within 5 working days. Please ensure you state your up-to-date postal address on the online application form. If you would prefer to collect your card from our office (E116, Queens' Building, Mile End campus), please state this in your email. Should you opt to collect your card, the Alumni office is open Monday to Friday 9:30am - 4:30pm. If you cannot make these timings, please opt for postage.